There are numerous reasons why you may need to hire a land surveyor as they can help you to:
• Find the exact boundary of your existing property before building or applying for a building permit
• Find the exact boundary of a new property you are looking to purchase so you can be confident on the land size you are purchasing
• Know where the correct location is when building a new fence or structure close to your boundary line
• Resolve a dispute with a neighbour or bordering property about boundary lines
• Understand your option when considering subdivision of your land
Land surveyors are qualified and experienced in land measurement so you can be confident that the results are accurate.
Can I Do My Own Land Survey On My Property?
In Victoria, the law states that property boundary surveys need to be conducted or at least supervised by a practising licensed surveyor.
Any survey performed by unlicensed practitioners can compromise the development of the land or property. Unlicensed surveys have no legal standing and can open you up to legal implications down the track if a land survey is not completed accurately. Therefore, we recommend that you only hire a registered land surveying professional to undertake your land survey.
Why should I hire a professional land surveyor?
For the reasons mentioned above, to have a legally standing land survey it must be completed by a registered professional – this will prevent any issues arising at a later date. Land surveyors have state-of-the-art instruments and equipment to ensure the accuracy of all surveys that are done. Professional land surveyors, such as Reddie Surveys, have completed numerous land surveyors before, so we are both efficient and effective in the process.
If you are looking to hire a land surveyor for your next project, get in touch with the Reddie Surveys team today.