BUILDING SET-OUTS WITH REDDIE SURVEYS
At M.J. Reddie Surveys we understand that the design of each building project is different and has its unique complexities. Building Set-Outs involve transferring building designs onto the land itself to ensure builders can follow the design while constructing. This survey is highly important when preparing for a construction job. It can also ensure that projects are completed within the boundary line and completed by construction teams exactly to plan.
During our process of Building Set-Outs, we accurately and expertly mark the building position onsite. Building set-outs involve surveyors physically transferring dimensions of positions of corners, centre lines of walls, boundary lines and key building markers onto the ground where the construction is to take place. This ensures all construction is carried out according to the design plans and assists all contractors onsite by having a clear guide before project commencement. To simplify as much of this process as possible for all the stakeholders involved, we rely on the learnings our 25 years of experience has built and also high-quality equipment to ensure the accuracy of our measurements..
Why are they important?
- Building set-outs allow construction to be done within legal boundary lines which can prevent potential costly and disruptive legal disputes.
- Help all contractors onsite clearly see where your building will be located so that they can follow the design easily during the construction process.
- The physical markers provide guidance for all onsite contractors to execute construction exactly to plan.
- Any potential design flaws are quickly identified once physical markers have been laid out before construction commences.
- Essential to accurate management of a construction team from small dwellings to major commercial building projects.
Where are building set–outs needed?
Building set-outs are a critical step to any design and construction process from small-scale projects to larger developments. They are warranted for numerous construction projects including the following:
- Building new homes, apartments, townhouses and units
- Residential and commercial building extensions and renovations
- Development of warehouses and commercial buildings
- Design and implementation of residential and commercial swimming pools
- Large-scale town and land development projects
- Town infrastructure projects
M.J. Reddie Surveys accurately and expertly mark the building position onsite and provide building set-out plans to help all contractors onsite.
Contact us today to discuss your building set-out project.